About a Parent




Some of you may be wondering if I've been crying buckets of tears over the news that Jeremy Renner is now expecting a child with an unidentified ex-girlfriend - who, obviously, is not me. Frankly, I didn't know if I wanted to laugh, cry, or beat the living daylights out of the bastard, so I did feel bad for a while... then I got myself some milk tea with egg pudding, and all was right with the world again.

No, scratch that: I cried, I got my milk tea with egg pudding, and then did some thinking. Maybe a little too much thinking.

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that the story is true: there is a baby, and that all the parties involved are logical human beings who, at the very least, are cordial with each other. (This is my polite way of saying "I hope J. is not a drunk-tastic philandering jackass, and/or I hope that this girl is not a groupie with an ounce of cray-cray in her blood.") Let's also assume that these two have gotten their act together in terms of the legal aspects of this partnership, especially since he's the one who went out of his way to let her live on his property. And let's assume that, regardless of his blood-alcohol level, Hawkeye had no qualms about blurting out that kind of information at a social event such as the Golden Globes.

Ergo, following my own deductive logic, I can conclude that...

Oh, who am I kidding? I would rather think the best of this situation. I want to keep my mind open and my conscience unburdened. I'm sure that there's a great story in there, but it's just not mine to tell.

So: Congratulations, my dear friend, and congratulations to the lovely lady as well. I wish you both all the best with the little one, and I hope that your kid will grow up with your collective awesomeness as parents. Alam na ninyo iyan. 

And as for me...



I finished my milk tea, bought some eyeshadow, did my Stat homework, and spent some time with my friends. And all was right in the world again...

Until the news arrived on Twitter that Vin Diesel and Paul Walker are scheduled to arrive in the Philippines for the premiere of the new Fast and Furious movie in May.

Popular Posts