Today's Dispatch: The Purpose of This Blog Is...


You may have noticed, in the "About Me" section of this blog, that I have changed my handle and Blogger profile.

This, I will admit, is a conscious decision on my part, in a bid to be taken seriously. I am more judicious now about promoting my online presence through this blog, along with my entries for Domestic Travel. In fact, I have decided to do this because I now have a purpose as a blogger: to present myself as a writer... and, to be more realistic, a professional.

Blogging with a purpose means that I have to do away with all the trappings of my previous life as an amateur blogger. You won't find me talking smack about colleagues or making passive-aggressive comments about my life here; that's just straight-up corny. You might still find a few makeup reviews here and there, along with pictures of shoes, food, and cute boys. You will, however, find more entries that are consistent and tightly-written, in line with the purpose of having this blog.

For one thing, there will be more entries about my fiction writing, especially the characters and stories that have populated my last three NaNoWriMo novels and the ensuing journey to have at least one of those manuscripts fully critiqued and published before I graduate. You might also get a few insights on my life as a graduate student, where I wear down pair after pair of flats as I undertake field work and parse through education statistics. (Unfortunately, you won't be reading much about my actual research, for highly ethical reasons... but, hey, more shoes!)

Most of the time, however, you will get a few insights on what's going on inside my own writerly head.

Otherwise, the old rules from Domesticity still apply: no personal details, no reviews without disclosure, and no topics that can't be discussed at a dinner party.

Are you with me now? Ready, steady, GO!

Popular Posts