Happy New Jump

I know that I haven't been good about celebrating my blog's birthday (especially since the guy who started it all turned out to be a bit of a turd) but I thought that now would be a good time as any to discuss the new year. 2014 has been full of surprises for me -- for every ounce of heartache that I suffered on the academic side (which cost me my sanity) there have been flashes of brilliance and happiness that have kept me afloat even during the most critical moments. Now, at the start of the new year, I'm seeing more blessings coming my way.

The biggest news of all, of course, is the soon-to-be-published Philippine print edition of Save the Cake, which will be (re-)launched this year by a major Philippine publishing company. This is a doozy for me, because this means that the book will be distributed nationwide in bookstores everywhere. We're working on the details right now -- there's new cover art and revised front and back matter -- but it's a big deal, and it is happening.

Another big deal on the horizon is the release of Fair Play, which is currently in the post-beta revision stage. Production on this may be stalled depending on how things go with my academic schedule, but I'm hoping to get this out at around the same time as the StC launch, if not earlier. Fingers crossed.

On the personal, non-academic front, I'll be coming back to Indonesia for a trip to Bali with my former classmates, and we'll also have visitors in the house for the mid-year break. I'll also start cleaning out my closet and workspace to get myself more organized (one of many New Year's Resolutions that I'll be working on in the future). Hopefully I can get all of these straightened out in the near future.

As for the rest...well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Here's to a blessed year ahead!

Popular Posts