The Year In Review: Dreams Do Come True

Two years ago, when I finished Save the Cake, I said that my dream for my writing career was to see my books on the shelf at the airport bookstore, because I felt like I had a captive audience of potential readers who might want to read my brand of romance as an alternative to all the Tom Clancys and John Grishams that usually get sold at the airport. I was half-joking about this, of course, but I never forgot about that dream of people buying my book at the airport.

Then 2015 happened, and...there you go.

I never thought in a million years that I would get a contract with a major publisher. I never thought that I would someday see my book on the shelves at major bookstores. I never thought that people would buy my book and live tweet quotes as they read.

And, with the release of the Anvil edition of the Luna East anthology, I never thought that it would happen to me more than once.

Two books in one year. That's not a coincidence; it's a blessing.

So I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have been supportive of me throughout this journey: family, friends, writing buddies, and readers from all walks of life who have enjoyed my books since their release. I would never have gone this far without all of you.

As for 2016? Well, I can honestly confirm right now that there will be another book coming out, which is being edited as we speak and is scheduled to come out on the first half of the year. I'm pretty excited about this one because I had a lot of fun writing it and I feel like I've come out of this experience as a better writer than before. All I can share with you is that it's a workplace romance with new characters, and there are a lot of sweet moments that are guaranteed to make you swoon with joy. If you liked Save the Cake, I'm sure that you will love this new book too.

Here's hoping for a bright New Year ahead for all of us!


Popular Posts