The Road to NaNoWriMo 2016: It's Live!

It's October! And I've already posted my novel on the NaNoWriMo website! Yay! [/waves pompoms]

Here's the synopsis, which I put together on Sunday afternoon when I was assembling my NaNo page:
Nine years ago, Kim Del Rosario suffered the worst humiliation of her life when Christian Mendiola abandoned her at the prom. So why can't she shake him off the moment that she literally runs into him on the way to dinner with their friends from high school? All she wanted was a chance to see their favorite English teacher again, but why did Christian have to come along for the ride? 
Over the course of a long weekend at a beach resort in Batangas, Kim finds herself getting drawn to Christian again, not just for his good looks but for the kindness and humor that has only grown better with age. But when the truth behind that fateful night resurfaces, will Kim be able to look at Christian the same way ever again?
I have to admit, it's a bit rough around the edges (this is what I get for writing under the influence of Choc-Nut pancakes) but I think this is enough to capture what I'm going to write all of November. That said, I'm a little bit nervous--not just because I'm spending the month going back and forth between novel prep and studying for my comprehensive exams, but because this is my first NaNo since I became a published writer. As I said in last week's entry, I'm doing things differently that I haven't done before in my writing career, and giving myself the whole month to write a complete rough draft (which is what it is, let's face it) is a challenge that I'm willing to take.

There's still a lot of work to be done, so check back every Monday to see how I'm doing in this journey. Let's do this! :)



Popular Posts