Crushingly Close: The Indie Print Edition

First and foremost, here's the cover for the print edition!


This cover was designed by the awesome Gail Villanueva, who took our original design for the ebook cover and added the view of Jakarta at night as a nice touch. As with the case of the ebook cover, we both had the same favorite among the design options that she presented to me during the vetting process, so it all worked out in the end.

Now, I know what you're probably thinking if this is going to be available at your nearest bookstore. My answer, unfortunately, is no.

Why?

For one thing, it's not that easy anymore for an indie romance author to get picked up by a mainstream publisher, especially considering what publishers are now in the market for these days. Even if I do get picked up, it would take me even longer to see the book in distribution, because of all the different hoops and channels that I would have to go through with my publishers. This is not a dig at the publisher who picked up my last book, since I learned a lot from them and I'm glad for the experience. But, all things considered, this is a business decision that I had to make for this book, and possibly for my future books.

Think about it: Would you want to wait for months, even years, to see my book in stores, and spend more time hunting it down, waiting for it to be in stock? Or would you rather just go to me instead, and have your book delivered to you in a matter of weeks?

Granted, this is not an ideal way of doing things. Printing books are expensive, and as of now I don't (yet) have the proper business setup to make this sustainable. (And don't get me started on the "prestige" that I'm losing from self-publishing this book! It's like I don't even exist anymore in people's eyes.) Right now, to make things easier for me, I'm selling copies of my books at events and book fairs where other #romanceclass indie titles are available, with the option of meetups with potential buyers. I'm also working on making the book available on CreateSpace so it can be distributed on Amazon and Book Depository for international orders. Once I have the resources to keep this up and running--resources that include time as well as money--I'll be able to expand this operation to include more books and more payment options.

The only thing I ask of you is that you be patient with me, because I'm still in the process of learning. 

Popular Posts