Randomesticity: The Beauty Grails

Short post for now, just to talk about what I'm loving at the moment.


- White Linen by Estee Lauder. This is one of those things that I would never have picked for myself; apparently my Dad went to the fragrance counter and had two packages gift-wrapped for me and Mom, but I ended up with White Linen and she got Clinique Happy. Not a bad bargain, as it turns out; after years of wearing fruity florals, it's nice to be able to wear something womanly for a change. This reminds me of old Spanish houses in the Philippines, with freshly-cut flowers resting on rich wood furniture.



- Essence Get Big! Lashes Volume Curl mascara. After months of putting up with my Revlon PhotoReady mascara, I knew I was ready for a new start. At first I wanted to try the I <3 Extreme mascara, but the helpful lady at the Essence counter in SM Makati told me that this version of Get Big! was their best-seller. Let me tell you, this mascara does as advertised: between the no-smudge formula and the curling powers of the spoon-shaped high-volume brush, this gives so much lift to my eyes that it might as well shave 10 years from my face. It's not as tear-proof as Maybelline's Super Film mascara, but at P169 you can't go wrong.



- K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Lasting 2-Way Brow Liner. Speaking of "anti-aging" eye products, I saw this product at Beauty Bar in TriNoma during a shopping trip with my Mom. This one comes highly recommended by my friend Brewhuh, who has been using hers for months; a little spendy, but it takes care of bald patches and all sorts of weirdness that gets in the way of healthy (and sane-looking) eyebrows. The one I own is Shade 01 (Grayish Brown) and I love it for the natural finish it gives to my brows. Jury's out on the 24-hour claim, though, but I can honestly swear that this held up nicely on long, hot days when I have to be out and about town.

Popular Posts