Checking In.

This post is brought to you by Cesc Fabregas, because I have terrible taste in futbol boyfriends and I still haven't forgiven Spain for getting themselves eliminated in the first round of the World Cup.

Okay, so the teeth are the deal-breaker here. But still! The eyes! The hair! Don't laugh at me! 
I promised that I would start blogging again this July, so I thought I'd check in with you to let you know what I've been up to in the last few weeks.

- Traveling: Last month I traveled to Indonesia for a reunion with my classmates from Jakarta International School. It was such a joy because not only did I get to reconnect with friends I haven't seen in years, but I also got to visit a country that I have not visited in two decades. So much has changed in Jakarta that the place is virtually unrecognizable - it's almost like Manila now, but with worse traffic and larger malls. In a way, it was also a healing trip for me because seeing everyone again in the city helped me make peace with the person that I used to be when I left Indonesia. Who knew that the geeky girl who wrote angsty poetry would turn out to be so cool after all? (Next up: Bali.)

- Writing: I just started a new novella for Camp NaNoWriMo, which is set in the chaotic world of TV sports news. The plot involves a road trip to Indonesia, a lovesick goalie, and an irresistible alpha male sports anchor who knows how to improvise when it all comes down to the wire. Anything can happen between now and the end of the month, but I love this story so much that I want you to fall in love with these characters the way you did with the folks from Save the Cake. I'll have the full WIP report for you by the end of the month.

- Deal-making: There are a lot of big projects coming down the pike, and some of them are things that I'm not allowed to talk about until they're ready. Rest assured that I'll let you be the first to know about them once the details are finalized!

- Blog-touring: Not for Save the Cake (unfortunately), but there will be some blog-tour stopovers from friends of The Great Big Jump. I promised to use my blogging powers for good, so I'd like to spread the love and hope that you too will share the joy.

- Reading: These past few months have brought so many awesome books to my shelf, and I've been all over the Internet pushing certain titles that have blown me away. (I think I may have said the words "this book has ruined me" more than once.) I'll write about them once I get the chance!

Popular Posts