On Aurora

I have friends in Colorado right now. They have friends of friends who know, or were parents of, the kids who watched The Dark Knight Rises last night. Seeing this, reading this... it's not as distant to me as I want to think.

No words.

I don't want to see this turn into a debate about art promoting "family values" instead of "glorifying violence." There are bigger issues here, thornier questions, and no real answer in sight.

No words.
"The movie theater is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me." - Christopher Nolan, in reaction to the news
"We'll tell all we know of (the) suspect, but I'll try not to use his name much. History should remember those who died, not their killer." - Anderson Cooper, on Twitter
No words.

Only condolences, and prayers, and empathy, and hope. 

Popular Posts