Words of Wisdom: Austin Kleon

I just looked at the entry count for this blog, and I just realized that we're getting close to the 100th post for The Great Big Jump. Two milestones in one month!

As a gift to all of you, I will share these words of wisdom from  Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative by Austin Kleon. I missed  my chance to buy the hard copy in Singapore, but the Kindle version is just as great, and I always go back to it whenever I get stuck on whatever project that I'm working on.

Because I want you to get the book, however, I'll  just state the 10 concepts that Kleon has in mind. You may agree or disagree, but it will make you think for sure.
1. Steal like an artist.
2. Don't wait until you know who you are to get started.
3. Write the book you want to read.
4. Use your hands.
5. Side projects and hobbies are important.
6. The secret: Do good work and share it with people.
7. Geography is no longer our master.
8. Be nice. (The world is a small town.)
9. Be boring. (It's the only way to get work done.)
10. Creativity is subtraction. 
More clarifications can be found in Austin Kleon's Tumblr page.



Popular Posts