Today's Dispatch: Procrastination Is Easy

This post has been brought to you by this picture of Paul Walker.






Source: trashness.com via Sam on Pinterest









Considering that I'm practically halfway through my Script Frenzy screenplay - at 47 out of 100 pages - I've found it quite natural to slack off and think of crazy things about the screenplay that have nothing to do with writing the screenplay, which explains why I'm a regular at the Procrastination board on the Script Frenzy forums.  That's how I ended up with the suggestion of having Paul Walker play Michael for the story, and I totally agree: not for nothing did I nearly ruin my knitting needles after a woman in a coffee shop in Honolulu declared him as "the most beautiful man on the planet." (Plus he's a part-time Hawaii resident - major points for him.)

Unfortunately for me, however, I have to admit that boyfriend just. cannot. act. Okay, so he can act well enough to get through all the Fast and Furious movies, but Michael Grenoble is supposed to be an Academy Award nominee... and, unfortunately, I don't see that happening for him, unless we're also talking about the parallel universe where Twinkies are made from all-natural ingredients that can lower your cholesterol. The only backup casting choices I can think of are Michael Fassbender (logical, but not American enough), Ben Affleck (fits the mold character-wise, but not the physical one), and Gabriel Macht (sans the Don Draper hairdo from Suits)... but then again, I'm the one who thinks that Diane Lane would still be perfect as Vicky if she agrees to put on makeup that would age her by 15 more years, so I think I should leave this to the professionals.

(In my head, though, Diane Lane would still be Vicky if this movie would be made in the next decade or so, and the casting would have Kat Dennings playing Claire, Armie Hammer as Michael, and Emily Browning as Sandy.)

But I do know that there is one bit of casting that would still be perfect, no matter how you cut it:
 


Ashton Kutcher. Ned "The Shark" Larkin. No contest.

Popular Posts